Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sleep and screaming

I take great pride in sneaking into bed without waking anyone (dogs included.) Many-a-night, I've bumped into things or used the wall as a guide to get from the door to the pillow/covers. Its the least I can do to let sleepers sleep when I arrive late. In addition, its a cool independent challenge to navigate by nigh light, alarm clock glow, and shadows.

When you wake up early, the same rules should apply. Sneak yourself out of the room, tip-toe down the stairs and try not to be my FIL and slam cabinet doors. I see this as a simple courtesy. Sadly this viewpoint isn't shared household-wide. Light from the sun will inevitably creep into the room, but it does so very quietly. I'd prefer the absence of noise as I wake, not the screaming or "I want my oatmeal" every freaking morning.

No comments: